Friday, February 24, 2012

Susan Lucci


Today I recieved an autograph from Susan Lucci. She is an actor. For those who don't know her, read below:

Susan Lucci (born December 23, 1946 in Scarsdale, New York) is a Daytime Emmy Award winning actress, who has been called "Daytime's Leading Lady" and "The Queen of Daytime" by several periodicals, including TV Guide.

She is best known for the role of Erica Kane on the ABC television soap opera All My Children, on which she has appeared since the show's inception on January 5, 1970.

She has appeared in a number of television shows and made-for-TV movies. In 1990 she began a series of guest spots on the popular nighttime soap Dallas and hosted NBC's Saturday Night Live in October of the same year. In 1995, Lucci appeared in the Lifetime television movie Ebbie. This film was an updated version of Dickens's classic A Christmas Carol. Lucci played a Scrooge-like department store owner visited by Marley and the three ghosts on Christmas. Many critics praised her performance and the film has become a holiday favorite.

She was nominated for the Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series Emmy for her work on All My Children almost every year since 1978. After eighteen failed nominations in a row, it came as a shock to both her and the viewing audience when she finally won it in 1999.

For much of the 1980s and into the 1990s Lucci did many commercials for the local Ford dealers in the New York City area.

In early 2005, Lucci earned a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

She is the mother of fellow soap actress Liza Huber. There have been widespread rumors (especially on the Internet) that Susan Lucci's mother was actress Phyllis Diller but this is untrue; the two are not related.1 A similar rumor is that Lucci is the sister of fellow soap actress Robin Strasser, because of similarities in their appearance; this is also untrue.

Lucci's father is Italian and her mother is Swedish; both are first-generation Americans.

Awards (Won)

*Daytime Emmy Awards
**(1999) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children

*Gracie Allen Awards
**(2005) Gracie Outstanding Female Lead in a Daytime Drama for All My Children

*Women in Film Lucy Awards
**(1994) Lucy Award

*Soap Opera Digest Awards
**(2003) Soapnet Diamond Award - For Glittering Excellence in Daytime Television
**(1993) Soap Opera Digest Award Outstanding Lead Actress for All My Children
**(1988) Soap Opera Digest Award Editor's Choice

*People's Choice Awards
**(1992) People?s Choice Award

*Crystal Apple awards
**(1994) Crystal Apple Award

*American Academy of AchievementAwards
**(1991)

*Made in NY Awards
**(2005) MINY 2

Award (Nominated)

Daytime Emmy Awards

**(2002) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(2001) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1998) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1997) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1996) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1995) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1993) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1992) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1991) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1990) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1989) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1988) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1987) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1986) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1985) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children
**(1984) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series for All My Children
**(1983) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series for All My Children
**(1982) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series for All My Children
**(1981) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series for All My Children
**(1978) Daytime Emmy Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series for All My Children

Other Awards

*Soap Opera Digest Awards
**(2005) Soap Opera Digest Award Favorite Couple for All My Children
-Shared with Walt Willey
**(1992) Soap Opera Digest Award Best Love Story: Daytime or Prime Time
-Shared with Walt Willey
**(1989) Soap Opera Digest Award
Favorite Super Couple: Daytime for All My Children
-Shared with Larkin Malloy
**(1986) Soap Opera Digest Award
Outstanding Contribution by an Actor/Actress to the Form of Continuing Drama who is currently on a Daytime Serial'
for All My Children

Email sent to: slcollect@aol.com

Email Sent:February 20, 2012
Recieved: February 24, 2012 (3 Days)

No comments:

Post a Comment